A leave-in conditioner plays the important role of infusing the hair with moisture daily. A good leave-in conditioner should also help with detangling. If you’re wondering what leave-in is best for you, I could make a few recommendations. You may still have to find what works for you, because everyone’s hair is unique.
- Kinky Curly Knot Today: This leave-in is a favourite amongst many naturalistas. It moisturises, it detangles, and it consists of safe, organic ingredients. It smells nice too. It’s certainly one of my favourites. However, it can be a bit pricey.
2. Aunt Jackie’s Quench: Aunt Jackie’s Quench is another of my faves. Just like Knot Today, it ticks all the boxes- moisture, detangling, ingredients etc. It also comes in a bigger bottle for a lower price and that, for me, is a win.
3. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Leave-in Conditioner: This conditioner smells yummy and is great for moisturising and detangling. It contains dimethicone, so if you’re trying to avoid silicones, you should scroll past this. However, if you’re a girl on a budget, this one’s for you.
4. Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-in Conditioner: This conditioner gets rave reviews online and many naturalistas swear by it. However, it didn’t work for me. I tried it on my hair wet, damp and dry. It sat on my hair and left it greasy and white-ish. I’m guessing it might be better for damaged hair or high porosity hair.
5. Cantu Argan Oil Leave-in: I have never used this one but it’s a favourite amongst many Nigerian naturalistas. If you don’t have a problem with dimethicone, give it a try.
What’s your favourite leave-in conditioner?